Sunday 18 August 2013

My Current BF

My Current BF

My current BF is my trainers (and dumbbells and exercise mat)!  Sorry for the no pictures post but we all know what trainers look like don't we?

A few weeks ago I started out yet another mission to get fit and healthy, although this time there was a difference in my attitude.  I never have and never will be "skinny" and this does not bother me.  I am proud to be curvy I just don't want to wobble as much!

After I had my first son 4 years ago during my mat leave I put on a lot of weight (I don't know the numbers thankfully).  Mainly because I was out a lot during the day with my baby and friends and I have since learnt this lesson; I cannot eat what my naturally slim friends can :(

So I had joined a gym but nothing really came of it and I soon cancelled it then last year guys in my work started using an app called MyFitnessPal.  At this time I also tried Curves gym but half an hour didn't feel like it did anything.  I was seeing results from the guys and the app so I though I'd give it a go.  It gives you a set amounts of calories for the day to reach your goal and you enter all the food you have eaten (in a nut shell) and it works pretty well.  It does however get a bit addictive - I found myself weighing EVERYTHING including tomato sauce.  I used it up until our holiday in June then slowly started again to get rid of the post holiday weight until I found out we were expecting again!  I did want to be lighter before I was pregnant again but I decided this after we had been trying already.

This time around I was a stone lighter after my pregnancy (I didn't gain with my first either) so I felt like I was on a high.  I have been determined to not make the same bad eating mistakes this time.  I'm not sure what it was that happened but one day a month or so ago I decided the time was right to kick this flab!  So I signed up to DW fitness gym and I love it!  I have also been using Youtube and blogs for exercise ideas, as well as healthy eating habits.

However, although I eat as healthy as I can, I struggle to come up with meals my whole family will enjoy (the boys don't love salad) so I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers for their great recipes that I'm sure are family friendly - or were when my Mum did it?!

For a while I was a little bit scale obsessed but I am trying to not hop on them all the time - as being at the gym means toning up and we all know muscle weighs more than fat, and who wants to not see a loss on the scales?  Instead I am going to buy a tape measure (how come when I didn't need one I always found it, now I want it it's gone?!) to track my progress.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but I wanted to share my new re-discovered love for exercise.

If you would like to know my exercise routine or anything about what I'm doing just let me know!
I'd love to know what your get fit tips are?

Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment