Friday 16 August 2013

FOTD #1

Current FOTD


Recently with having a new little man in our lives, doing a full face of make up has taken up place in the back seat again.  Saying that, if I'm ever lucky enough to have time while he is sleeping to do my make up I love it.  Being rushed though means I'm not always as creative as I'd like so I end up in a little rut.

I thought I'd share with you what my 'go to' look is and when I set everything out I'm a bit shocked at how many products I really use at once, it's worse on a night out (not to mention the brushes involved too).



 I have been trying to use up some foundations I have lying about so I was using this Bourjois one.  It is too light for my during the Summer so my Channel Bronze Universal works well to add some colour.  I'm also enjoying this NYC bronzer to give a little shape to my face.


Mac MSF in medium plus is my go to powder, it's light and doesn't look too cakey which is good in this hot/clammy weather we have been having.  This Bourjois cream blush was on my wishlist as soon as I read about them.  It is a lovely coral type colour although I think it doesn't show up as well on tanned skin.  Next is my trusty Sleek eyebrow kit.  I have very dark brown hair and the powder in this is a nice shade - not as dark as my hair but not too light.  I have tried all manners of eyebrow products and I always favour this.


Maybelline colour tattoos are a God send to anyone who has children but loves a bit action on the eyes!  This one is in pink gold and it is perfect to just sweep across your eye with your finger for a spot of colour.  They do crease a little on me but a spot of primer helps.  I love anything to do with Palmers!  This lipbalm in dark chocolate and peppermint is lovely and really conditions your lips.  I always apply it at the start of doing my face to get my lips ready for lipstick.  This lipliner is a nice pink/nude and is from Maybelline.  It doesn't drag on the lips of dry them out.  Finally this lipstick was my first MAC buy - Creme Cup.  Everyone knows it so few words are needed apart from I'm glad I have a spare waiting.

Please excuse the un-done hair.  Had to rush before the wee man woke up!

The lighting sucks (and my camera skills) but this is what I look like most days haha!

How does your day to day make up shape up?

Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment