Thursday 19 April 2012

The Z Palette

First Blog Post!

I thought for my first blog post I would try something easy (and probably over done!)  I recently purchased a Z Palette and hadn't really had time to do anything with it.  The other day however, I de-potted some eyeshadows and gave it a little test run!

Before buying a Z Palette I did some research on them and what I found was mostly positive and so far pretty accurate. 

If you haven't had the chance to see one of these yet I'll put some pictures below;



The general idea is that you can create your own palette using whatever make up you have to hand.  You don't have to go out and buy a specific size of eyeshadow or brand to match a palette.  Major brownie points for that!

The only downside is that while de-potting things is time consuming itself; if they are not a certain type of metal pan they wont magnitise to the palette.  This means you have to add your own magnets, however the Z Palettes now come with little round metal stickers I believe?

In my opinion though, if you take the time to depot, then sticking on a little extra wont hurt!

As I said I haven't really done much with mine; I have put in a few MAC eyeshadows though.  Two of them were bought in the pan form so came with a magnet attached (pretty handy), the other two I added my own.  I do feel like the magnet approach doesn't work as well as I would like...

I think the magnet isn't as strong in mine as they may be in the newer ones, this means unless the palette is tightly packed the eyeshadows wobble around a bit.

None the less, the fact you can customise it as much as you'd like, as and when you like is amazing!  The colour selection isn't too bad either; black, red, pink, leopard and zebra prints (my faves!).

They come in three sizes now; small, large (which I have) and a pro palette.
I have a pro palette on order so can't show you a comparison but I believe it is deeper than the regular one (for deeper pans and it can hold a brush), and can possibly fit more eyeshadows - depending on their size.

All in all, I think this is a genius idea!  It gives you more freedom with your make up and is perfect for travel. 
It is a solid design with the see through pannel being made of quite a sturdy plastic.  I wouldn't think twice of throwing it in my luggage. 

I would definitely choose these over other empty palettes on the market!
Happy de-potting Nic! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment