Friday 20 April 2012

MAC Tres Cheek Collection

Perfect blushes for Spring! 

MAC's Tres Cheek collection realised in the UK earlier this month and it was a collection I was really looking forward to. It contains 6 new blushes all of which are the perfect spring shades and will suit pretty much every skin tone.

Shades
 
I myself only purchased 3 of the blushes which were; peony petal, immortal flower and lovecloud. The other 3 blushes are called; modern mandarin, full of joy and pink tea. 

Below are pictures of the blushes in their packaging and some swatches. From left to right - peony petal, immortal flower and lovecloud. 


 All of the blushes in this collection I believe are a satin finish, this gives a beautiful soft texture with an almost matte finish. They don't have a sheen or frost to them but the satin finish means they don't sit too flat on your skin. 

Peony petal is a beautiful bright pink shade, in the pan it looks a bit on the neon side but it is much softer on the skin. I think it would be more suited to someone with tanned or darker skin as it would show up brilliantly. Although fairer skin tones could pull it off with a light hand. 




Immortal flower looks like a very orange colour in the pan - it is bright but pastel at the same time? By that I mean it isn't a neon orange, it's more muted but still true to the orange family. It gives a great flush of colour to the cheeks - perfect for Spring/Summer when you don't want to look like you're wearing too much product. 




Finally lovecloud which is by far my favourite of the 3 I have! It is a gorgeous coral colour which verges more on the pink side than orange. Again it can by worn by any skin tone and will give a slight colour to the cheek or a more bright statement cheek - depending how heavy handed you are. 




Obviously I can't speak for all 6 shades but the 3 I have all have excellent pay off. It doesn't take much get a bright cheek with them, but they can also give a subtle flush of colour to the cheeks by just using a little less. I find that sometimes with a bright blush, they are great for doing a statement cheek but when it comes to just adding a hint of colour the pay off isn't great.  This isn't true for these.

The reason I love these types of collections is because I feel with blushes the shades (from any brand) can be a bit 'same old'. When a collection brings out new blushes there's hopefully going to be at least one shade you don't have something similar too, and that was the case with these for me. 

All in all I'm really pleased with this collection and I think I might try to get my hands on the other 3. I'm glad MAC went with a satin finish as it's the easiest to work with and suits a multitude of people. I hope they even consider making a couple of them permanent colours - especially lovecloud! 

If anyone has the other colours let me know what you think of them! 

 Hugs and blushes Nic xo

No comments:

Post a Comment