Wednesday 25 April 2012

My Fave Spring Nail Looks!

Spring Nails

I don't get to paint my nails much as i can't wear polish at work :(.  My collection still seems to be growing though and I love buying a nice new colour of polish!  I think because my day to day make up is usually quite neutral, I use bright nail polish to add a pop of colour to my look.

I will post some pictures of my favourite colours on my nails (please excuse the state of them).  I don't have long nails as they don't last long at work, and I don't have the patience to grow them!

Pastel Colours

This year pastel colours are everywhere!  From eyeshadows to shoes and I love a pastel nail colour.  I feel like pastel colours don't emphasise how short nails are if you're like me - dark colours on my finger nails just show how short they are (to me anyway!).

I'm not one to spend a lot of money on nail polish (as I don't get to wear it much) but with nail polish I feel many cheaper ones are still good quality.

I'll put a picture of my favourite pastels in their bottles first - then show them on my nails;


Well clearly that's too many to swatch for you so I picked just 5;


Barry M and Models Own are clearly some of my fave Polishes!

From thumb to pinky the colours are - Nude Beige (MO), Jade Stone (MO), Peach Melba 318 (BM), Strawberry Ice-cream 309(BM) and Blueberry Ice-cream 306 (BM).

Nude beige may not be really a pastel colour but I love this shade so much!  It's also hard to decide if Blueberry Ice-cream is a pastel or bright - I'd say pastel as it doesn't look neon to me.

All of the ones I swatched are just one coat of the colour, with a pastel shade they tend to be a matte formula which makes application easy.  Having no shimmer or too much shine in them takes away the sheerness you can get with other colours.

I don't think any of the colours have been purchased recently but I'm sure they are all permanent colours by both brands.

Bright/Neon Colours

I usually only wear these in the Summer and not as often as I would a pastel colour.  They do look stunning when you have a tan though!

I managed to pick 5 easily so here is what they look like in the bottle;


From thumb to pinky the colours are; 270 Hot Shot (Rimmel), 050 Tangerine Queen (R), the label has worn away but I think it is 23 Show Off (collection 2000), Juicy (17) and Spring Petal (17).

The two Rimmel shades went on easily with one coat as they are matte shades.  The collection 2000 and 17 needed two coats as they are sheer and have some shimmer to them.  Apart from the 17 ones, they were not bought recently (not sure if they are still available).  The two 17 ones are new for the Spring collection - they look a little pastel in the bottle, but go on as a nice bright colour.

All of the polishes (if still available) can be purchased from Boots - where I bought them from could be anyone's guess ha ha!

I'd love to know what colours you love this Spring?!

Happy (nail) Painting, Nic xo

No comments:

Post a Comment