Monday 29 July 2013

NOTD #1

NOTD - Matte Coral Nails

Okay so I only managed to get one picture of these nails before my camera died...boo!  Seeing as I am on mat leave I am making the most of painting my nails (waitressing means I can't usually paint them at work).

  This year I have been loving mint and coral - I mean loving!  Anything in these shades tends to end up in my basket, can't say my purse likes that.




I have had this matte top coat for a while now and I haven't really used it much.  I tend to stick it on after my nails have been painted normally for a couple of days - just to get a different look from the same polish.  It is from Rimmel and there isn't too much to say to be honest - it makes your polish matte in one coat and doesn't take too long to dry - what more could you ask for?


The coral polish is Coral Craze 342 from the Maybelline Colour Show range.  It is a brilliant Summer colour and looks great with a tan!  I would say it take two coats to make it truly opaque like a lot of colours.  The brush is a nice size and the polish isn't too runny or thick.  I usually don't have time to apply a top coat (obviously not including the matte one) but I find the finish of this to have a nice enough shine by itself.

What's your go to Summer colours?

Nic x




No comments:

Post a Comment